Sunday we went and ran some errands for the auntie. Nothing too big.
Monday Marie went to work and I did my own thing. I got up around 10:30am, got ready and decided to head out to Central Park to take photos. After that, I went down to H&M to shop.
Tuesday it snowed. I went to Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square to have lunch and buy some stuff. I then went up to the Museum of Art and Design in Columbus Circle, but it wasn't open. So I caught a cab and went to the Met. I was able to see one of the exhibits before they closed for the night. That evening, Marie and I ate at a Mexican restaurant. The food was quite good.
Wednesday I went to the Museum of Art and Design (MAD) which was amazing to see the things artists have created out of other items. A must see! I walked around The Plaza hotel and then did more shopping down 5th Avenue. I went to Nine West, H&M and ended my evening at Jimmy Choo.
Thursday I had to wait until the housekeeper got into the apartment because we were waiting to hear from Sears to fix the dishwasher. Once she got into the apartment, I was able to leave for a little while. I went up to Kinko's to print off some photos my aunt wanted, then headed around Madison Ave to try and find knockoff bags, but they weren't out because it was so damn cold that day. So I walked back to the apartment to get ready for the night. Marie and I went out to dinner and then to Jersey Boys.
Friday Marie left work early and I met her down at her office in Soho. We shopped in Soho, then traveled back up to midtown to get to the optometrists office since she wanted to get new glasses. They didn't have a huge selection and they were very expensive ($400+ just for frames!).
Saturday Marie and I met up with our cousin Carmel. We had brunch at Park Avenue Winter (Park Avenue Cafe has now decided to change the decor every season so since it's winter, they are winter). The food was pretty good, but the service wasn't so great. We then walked all the way from Park and 61st to Broadway and 51st Street to see Wicked. Loved the show! Then Marie and I went over to Lens Crafters to see what kind of selection they had for glasses, and they too didn't have much and they didn't take her eye insurance. So we decided to leave. I met up with James, Ann, Gavriella, Sarit and Avrahem Lapin in the Brox and had kosher pizza for dinner.
Sunday we went to Lord and Taylor because I wanted to buy some new suits. We found some great deals and I got three new suits! We then traveled up to an optometrist that is open on Sundays and takes her insurance. She got $700.00 glasses (frames and lenses) for free! Thanks to insurance! We then went over to Agata and Valentina's for some food and then headed back home. I went out to Home Depot to get a box to put all of my purchases in, but first walked around the block of Bloomingdales to find a street vendor selling purses. I found one and bought two Coach purses (one for me and one for Sasha). I then went to Home Depot, got a box, and walked all the way to the apartment. The weather was nice.
Monday I went down to Little Italy to get cannoli's. I then went up to Times Square to get some Yankees stuff. I then went back to the apartment to finish packing and relax before the car arrived to take me to the airport. I got into my apartment that evening around midnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment