Monday, October 6, 2008

October 6

I have decided that I am finally going to make the costume that never was made last year, for this year. I actually have parties to attend this year and don't want to wear the same old costumes I have already worn.

I am going to be a Sexy Marie Antoinette. I have had the idea in my head since the movie came out (2 years ago) and I finally getting around to it. I bought the fabric and all the goodies to go with it, raided my mom's sewing room for more stuff and I'm ready to sew. One problem. I don't have a sewing machine. So, for the past few days I have done a ton of searching for "the right" machine. Let me tell you...it is hard to find a machine at a decent price that doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles. I don't care about embroidery or quilting! I just a machine that goes front and back and side to side. Now, that's easier said than found. I'm used to the industrial machine in the basement of my parents house, with two sergers.

So, today I decided to take the time and visit a few places. I drove all over town looking for machines. I finally wound up back at one of the first places I started at. Anyhow, I am a proud owner of:

A Janome Sewist 521.

It was the floor model and I got it at a discounted rate. I can't wait to really try the thing out and actually sew something big on it. Yeah for me!

I began cutting out the fabric tonight and still have some more to do, but soon I will be on my way to costume heaven!

No comments: