Monday, January 12, 2009

Interesting...

First of all, I want to write and say that attendance at Body Worlds 3 has been estimated at 285,000 visitors in the time it was open. Yesterday was the last day and it was crazy!

So my roommate has this...let's call him a "man friend" who spends some of his evenings (never overnight thank god!) here. According to her he has been trying to "court" her for 8 years and now since she has turned 30 she has decided that she can do whatever she wants and date whomever she wants. Ok, cool with me. Except this dude is cooky. He's like 45, never married, dodged engagement twice, no kids, some sort of teacher or professor at the U and he dresses very strangely. Not to mention he has hair longer than mine, it's curly and he doesn't do anything with it (including putting some sort of product in it). He talks in big words that I certainly don't understand some times and it gets annoying. He doesn't drink out of a normal glass if he is having wine or a beverage. He drinks out of a jelly jar. Instead of hanging up his coat on the coat rack, he just dumps it on the ground or on the table when the rack is literlly 5 feet away. He tries to get my cat to come to him by making kissing type sounds instead of calling his name. They usually just sit in the living room and talk, or they sit in the kitchen and talk. Talk talk talk talk talk. That's all they do. So if I want to sit in the living room and watch tv, I can't (one reason I do have a tv in my room though...I don't have to watch what she is watching).

So the interesting thing about it all is that if I start cleaning something in the house when he is over, she sees that I am cleaning and then I guess decides to show him that she also cleans, so she starts cleaning something herself while he is here. It was my day to do the dishes today. She was supposed to clean the entire kitchen yesterday and didn't. I was supposed to do the bathroom yesterday and I didn't but was going to do it today. So after taking my shower, I went into the kitchen to do the dishes and meanwhile they came back from their "walk." Well, she decides that she needed to clean the bathroom and when she came into the kitchen to get some cleaner I asked her what she was cleaning and she said the bathroom. I told her that I was going to do it since it was my turn and she said that it was ok. So he stood in the doorway of the bathroom watching her half-ass clean the bathroom. I think she cleaned the sink and the toilet and maybe the tub. She didn't even touch the floor. So weird.

So now they are just sitting the living room talking. I feel like I am intruding on their conversation if I walk into the room. I hate not being able to feel at home and do what I want when he is over. Blah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lexi!!! It's so good to hear from you!!! Hope all is well-
Keep in touch!

Katie