Tonight is the second night of Hanukkah and I still have yet to receive any gifts...anyone want to send me something?! Hahaha.
This month has been so busy that I can't believe the Christmas is already on Thursday. Thank god for the internet or I would have never been able to get my shopping done. This year we are all taking it easy on the presents. My parents said that they will spend no more than $100.00 on each of us. Which is fine with me since I barely spent $50.00 on each of them. So, the rundown on what has been happening lately that I have been so busy that I haven't had time to sit here and write? That would be a thing called work. See, I work in hospitality. It's a 24/7/365 job. When all of you are out and about having a good time, maybe even having a company holiday party at a hotel, I'm the one running around making sure that the contact is happy, the room looks wonderful and the food goes out on time. Yep, that's me. The one that walks in and out of the room making sure that everyone is happy. But, deep down, I actually love what I do. I love the planning and execution of it all. It makes me happy.
Until you majorly screw up on something. For example, last Saturday. About a week ago, one of my contacts called me to increase her food because they weren't meeting their minimum (yes, we put minimums on how much food you have to order). Well, I entered in all of the information into the system but somehow got distracted and forgot to put out a revised BEO. So, when the banquet manager asked me about the AV for the group, I went back to my office and printed the revised BEO off. I took it to the captain and she compared the menus. They were completely different. They changed their meal from a buffet 1 to a buffet 3. Now, that doesn't seem like a huge difference, right? Well, it is. It went from 2 meats to 4 meats, a few desserts (maybe 4) to a lot of desserts. The difference in price was at least $10-15. But, since I work for an amazing company and work with AMAZING chefs, they pulled it all off and no one knew the difference...except me...and the staff...and my Assistant General Manager.
Besides that, all of the parties went really well and I am very happy with how it all went. Now, it's back to weddings and smaller events for a while. From last Saturday until the end of the month I have a total of 5 weddings happening. Should be fun!
On another note, I still can't get my roommate to clean anything. I almost wish I was back at Tri Delta where we had chore lists and you got fined for not doing your chore. Life would be so much easier! You get fined $5 for not cleaning the dishes, $10 for not cleaning the kitchen, $10 for not cleaning the bathroom. The fines get taken out of our rent and the other person has to pay the additional. Easy! It would never work.
There hasn't been much going on with the lawsuit. I drove past the Pike house about a week ago and it seems as though their house is no longer for sale. I guess they decided not to move into our house in the first place. So, our house just stands there empty. I'm surprised it hasn't been broken into. Eh, not my problem any more!
My brother went in for his surgery a little over a week ago. Man! You should have seen the photos they took of his cyst. Crazy looking! The inside wall of the cyst looked like white veins. It was one of those photos that you didn't want to look at, but couldn't stop looking at. I am hoping he will scan in the photos so I can post them and show everyone how strange it is!
Besides the above, everything is going much better for me. My kidney stone is gone (I think) and my bladder doesn't hurt any longer. Tugger is growing and is just so cute! Tugger and Iris are now playing more with each other but there is still Iris hissing at him. He doesn't care though.
Here are a few photos from the party at Keys on Main:



G'night
No comments:
Post a Comment